Here are two other winter favourites at the Beach House, when the wind is blowing a gale and the time is right to enjoy comfort food while wrapped up all cosy and warm…….
Classic Cheese Fondue
- Rub the inside of the fondue pot with the halves of garlic.
- Add the wine and lemon juice to the pot and heat until boiling. Lower the heat and gradually stir in the cheeses until melted, stirring all the time.
- If using kirsch/cherry brandy, blend with the cornflour, otherwise use water. Add to the cheese mixture and cook gently until the mixture is smooth – don’t let it boil or it will burn.
- Using the fondue prongs, dip the bread cubes into the cheese and serve.
Baked Vacherin Mont D’Or
- For the baked Vacherin Mont d’Or
- For the garlic bruschetta
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- For the baked Vacherin Mont d’Or, remove the lid from the cheese box. Make several slits in the top of the cheese with a sharp knife and place the garlic slices and rosemary sprigs into the slits.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 8-10 minutes, until melted.
- For the garlic bruschetta, drizzle the slices of baguette with olive oil and rub with garlic.
- Heat a griddle pan and griddle the bread for two minutes on each side, or until charred. Remove from the heat and cut into fingers.
- To serve, place the cheese box onto a serving plate and dip the garlic bruschetta fingers into the molten cheese.
Other great fondue recipes…..
- Garlic Fondue (prepperpenny.com)
- Fondue Date Night (cookingwithanne.com)
- Cooking On The Couch: Fondue How-To’s (newyork.cbslocal.com)